At Turners, our aim is to make the business of being a landlord as simple and carefree as possible, whether you are an experienced landlord or dipping you toe into the business for the first time. We feel it’s important to offer a service tailored to your particular requirements rather than working to a set process as many other agents tend to, thereby maximising the potential of your valuable investment.
Whether it be LET ONLY, RENT COLLECTION or a more involved FULL MANAGEMENT service, we offer the experience and knowhow to achieve the best possible rent from the right tenant in the shortest timeframe.
We are members of the Property Redress Scheme which means we meet higher industry standards than the law demands. Our experts undertake regular training to ensure they are up to date with best practice and complex legislative changes so that they can offer you the best advice. We are also backed by a Client Money Protection scheme which guarantees that your money is protected
Of course it is very important to choose an agent who has that knowhow and experience to find you the right tenant, but ultimately the decision will come down to what rent can be achieved and what the agent will charge. We would be happy to meet you at your property or in our office to discuss the rental potential and here at Turners we believe in being transparent on what we would charge you.
Our charges are as follows:
SET UP FEE:
£300 inc vat
Turners charge a competitive one off, set-up fee across all service levels.
This covers everything from our initial market appraisal to seeing your tenants move in and your rental income hit your bank account! It includes:
- Market Appraisal based on in-house research and current values
- Preparation of details, photos and floorplans
- Marketing via, lettings board where appropriate, window cards and own website
- Additional advertising on key property portals – Zoopla, Rightmove
- Carrying out accompanied viewings (and arranging with sitting tenants if applicable)
- Advice on statutory provisions and compliance where necessary
- Notification of non-resident tax status and HMRC deducations if required
- Full referencing of any tenant named on the agreement; credit check, proof of income, landlord references
- Right to rent check on all incoming tenants to ensure you as a landlord are not fined for failing to cover this
- Advising local authority that you have new tenants in your property
Thereafter we offer three great levels of service, all five star standard!
From 8.4% inc VAT including:
- All of the services included in the set up fee
- Preparation of Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Negotiating renewal of tenacy
10% inc VAT including:
- All the same services as let only & set up fee
- Collection & remittance of monthly rent after deductions for works and commission
- Monthly statement supplied by email or post
12% inc VAT including:
- All the same services as rent collection, let only & set up fee
- 24hr dedicated maintenance line for tenants
- Arranging for any required works to be carried out on the property * (includes 2 contractor quotes)
- Extensive property check every 6 months, with detailed report and photos
- Security Deposit Registration included for FREE (usual price £120 +vat)
Let only: 8.4% inc VAT including rent review, contract updating and renegotiation
Rent Collection: 10.2% inc VAT including rent review, contract updating and renegotiation
Full Management: 12% inc VAT including rent review, contract updating and renegotiation
PROPERTY CHARGES (responsibility of landlord):
Inventory: Charged by the inventory company - Dependent on the size of the property and furnishings – Please ask for further details
Gas Safety Inspection: Required annually – Please ask for further details
Energy Performance Check: Required every 10 years – Please ask for further details
Security Deposit Registration: Required on all tenancies, (this is included in our full management service)
Check In/Out fee: Charged by the inventory company - Please ask for further details
This is just a brief outline of our services and charges. Please contact Turners for a full schedule of charges and a copy of our terms of business.
Turners Property take compliance seriously and are signed up to the Client Money Protection scheme which guarantees that your money is protected. (Click on the image for larger view)